[Mn-abs] Nabs membership call: future of NFB/NABS (Today!)

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:05:49 UTC 2011

 Hello Students,

 This month’s membership call should be quite interesting. We’ve seen
 the discussions on the list serve expressing your hopes and concerns
 about the future
 of our beloved NFB, and we thought it would be a great idea, since we
 as students are in fact the future leaders of the organized blind
 movement, if we
 got together to talk about this topic, in particular, the roles and
 responsibilities of NABS and its affiliate divisions. We have
 divisions of varying
 strengths and sizes, which is all the more reason that they should be
 included in shaping the future of NABS. We will discuss how all of our
 work can tie
 into the NFB as a whole, and how important it is that the student
 divisions have a working relationship with their state affiliate.
 These are just some
 ideas that can be thrown around, so bring your questions over for
 discussion. Call details are below.

 Who: NABS Membership Committee.

 What: Conference call about the future of the NFB and NABS.

 When: Sunday April 17th, 2011 at 7:00 PM EST.

 Where: (712) 775-7100, followed by pass code 257963.

 Why: So we can bring our ideas together to pave the way for the next
 generation.

 We’re looking forward to hearing your ideas and feedback. If you
 cannot make this conference call, remember that it will be recorded so
 you can listen later.
 See you on Sunday.

 Respectfully,

 Your NABS Membership Committee

 --
 Darian Smith
 board member
 Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
 Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

 "The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

 — Robert Byrne