[Mn-abs] Nabs Help update

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:29:01 UTC 2011

Hello  all,

  Again, thank you for the help in staffing   all of the nabs  Events!
 We  now really need help with the following:
Staffing the nabs monte carlo night fund raiser. This is a great
opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with us  in putting together
one of our most successful events that we do.  For this we will  need:
 Individuals who can work  an early shift ( 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Those  individuals will be asked to:
a.	Marshal.
b.	Set up for the event
c.	Deal card games( blackjack, poker, holdemand other such games)
 We will also need Late shift workers (9:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.)  Those
individuals would be asked to:
a.	deal card games (blackjack, poker, holdem and other such games)
b.	assist with event clean- up and playing  chip  counting.
to state Student division presidents: we would like to  offer you the
opportunity to  sell your fundraising items at the nabs table, if you
would be willing to  help us staff it.  If so, please  contact me with
the times you would be willing to work.    If   your state student
division president is not  going to be attending convention, still
contact me, and we’ll get your division in there to fundraise.
 If you are  an officer or board member of your state student
division, we  could also use your help in staffing  exhibit hall
tables.  Presidents and officer/board members please take note of
times and check  for interest and availability :
Tuesday, July 5:
Shift 7. 3p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, July 6:
Shift 8: 12 noon – 1:45 p.m.
Shift 9: 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Shift 10:  8:30 p.m. – 10p.m.
Thursday, July 7:

shift 12:  7p.m. – 8p.m.
shift 13: 8p.m. – 9p.m.

Please let me know what shift(s) you are interested in working
(exhibit hall, monte carlo or both). If Monte carlo,  please let me
know what job you would like to take on, if you would like to deal and
what games  you would like to deal (blackjack, poker, holdem or other
such games).
 This is a great opportunity for you to meet the nabs board, and us to
get to know you. As well, this is  an equally great opportunity for
you  to meet a lot of new people and have some fun at the same time.
 Please contact me by July 1 if interested.  When you do contact me,
please be sure to include a contact phone number where you can be
reached.
 I can be contacted at: dsmithnfb at gmail.com

    Thank you, and see you soon!
  Darian Smith, Board  Member,   National Association of Blind Students