[Mn-abs] Independence 2011

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Mar 11 16:28:57 UTC 2011

Hi Jordan and others,

I am sincerely glad you had a good experience at the Independence for 2010 program, but let's not forget our own program here in minnesota.  What used
to be the Life 101 program is now called PREP which stands for Post-secondary Readiness Empowerment Program.  I think pretty much everything you said
about the Independence 2011 program can be said of that program as well.  There is information on the BLIND Incorporated web site including an
application, but here is a link to get there directly:

http://www.blindinc.org/prep.html

There are a number of good summer programs around the country, and they all tend to fill up so it is good for us to be aware of all the options, but I hope we
try to keep Minnesota high school students here first.  <smile>

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson