[Mn-abs] September MnABS Meeting

Jordan Richardson lilrichie411 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:22:57 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!

Our September meeting of the Minnesota Association of Blind Students will be
held on Sunday, 25 September at 1:00pm.  We will hold this meeting on the
twin cities campus of the University of Minnesota in Cofman Memorial Union.
We will be planning our meeting at the state convention at this meeting, so
all of your input will be invaluable.

Here are the directions to Cofman Union:

By bus from Downtown Minneapolis:

You can either take the 3, 16 or the 50 to PLEASANT ST & JONES HALL.  Then,
you will need to walk SOUTH down PLEASANT ST.  You can then either cut
through the mall (large open area similar to that in DC), or you can walk
down PLEASANT ST to just east of the Washington Ave bridge.  If you go
through the mall, continue SOUTH through the mall and cross the bridge over
Washington Ave and take the first opening on your right after crossing the
bridge.  Straight ahead you will find a door; go through the door and go
down the stairs to the left.  From here, we will be meeting to the right of
the revolving doors and across from the elevators and across from Starbucks.
If you go straight down PLEASANT ST, you will need to go around in front of
the Weisman Art Museum (this is on the south side of Washington Ave).  Once
you’ve passed Weisman (on the right) take the first opening on the left and
straight ahead you will find a door on your left.  Go through the door and
take the stairs to the left.  Again, we will be meeting to the right of the
revolving doors and across from the elevators and Starbucks.

If you are coming by bus from the east, you can also take the 3, 16 or
50.  Take
the bus to PLEASANT ST & EDDY HALL.  Then follow the same directions as
above, but you will need to cross to the other side of PLEASANT ST.

The address of Cofman is 300 Washington Ave SE.

Hope to see you all on Sunday!

Jordan Richardson

mnabs president

--
Jordan Richardson
President, Minnesota Association of Blind Students
lilrichie411 at gmail.com
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."
~*Frederick Douglass*<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/frederickd201574.html>