[Mn-abs] Announcing NFB of Minnesota 2012 scholarships for Blind Post-secondary Students

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Jan 27 02:43:02 UTC 2012

Time passes more quickly than one sometimes thinks, and the deadline for scholarship applications is drawing nearer.  Attached are two documents that
contain information and an application for the state scholarship program of
the National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota.  Please distribute as widely as possible to legally blind Minnesotans
	pursuing a post-secondary education.

The application and associated information are made available here as a "PDF" document and a ".DOC" Microsoft
Word document.  The "PDF" document is ideal for printing additional paper copies while the Microsoft Word
document provides a means to supply information in electronic form which is generally easier for those using assistive technology
such as screen readers.

If you have any questions about our scholarship program, please contact the scholarship committee chairperson as
follows:

Sheila Koenig, State Scholarship Chairperson
e-mail:  shekoenig at comcast.net

or refer to the attached document for additional contact information.  Applications for the Minnesota scholarship
program must be received no later than April 15.

In addition to the two NFB of Minnesota scholarships, our national organization is awarding thirty separate national
scholarships with values ranging up to $12,000.  One application can be used to apply for all of the national
scholarships, but the application for the national scholarships is not part of the attached application for our Minnesota
scholarship.  The application process for the national and state scholarships are independent; thus, candidates must
complete and submit applications separately when applying to both scholarship programs.

More information on the national scholarships and the application can be obtained at

http://www.nfb.org/scholarships

Part of the application process for the national scholarships is to be interviewed by the president of our state
organization, Jennifer Dunnam.  She can be contacted by e-mail at

jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com

or reply to this note and I will assist.  Unlike our state application, national scholarship applications must be received by
March 31.

Finally, please visit our web site to learn more about the successes achieved and the challenges faced by blind Minnesotans.  You can find the NFB of
Minnesota web site at

http://www.nfbmn.org

and we hope to meet you there.

Thank you very much for assisting us to reach perspective blind applicants.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
NFB of Minnesota Scholarship Committee