[Mn-abs] Radio Talking Book Twin Cities Signal Conversion

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jun 18 17:58:17 UTC 2012

Please note that there was an error in the information I sent out earlier.  The new radios will not receive the analog signal as they are
configured, so if you try the new radio, it is normal for it not to receive a signal.  This was my error and was not Dave's error.

Here is the correction from the Communication Center followed by a corrected announcement:

The digital radios we are sending out will not receive the current analog signal.  The new radios will not receive and play the RTB programming
until we switch to a digital signal next week.  Listeners should continue listening to their analog RTB radios until they no longer work.  Then,
listeners can plug in the new digital radio and pick up the new signal.  It is important that people know the digital radios we are sending out
in the Twin Cities will not work until we are broadcasting a digital signal.

If you live in the Twin Cities area
and you have a Radio Talking Book receiver, you should have recently received a new receiver in
preparation for the conversion from an Analog to a digital signal.  The new radios will only receive the new digital signal which is not yet
being transmitted, while the old radios receive only an analog signal.  However, the current plan is to change the Twin Cities signal from
analog to digital next Monday, June 25, probably
during the afternoon.  At that point, the old radio will no longer receive a signal and you will need to begin using the new radios.

If you have not received a new radio and would like to receive one, please contact the Communication
Center right away at 651-642-0885.  If you have a new radio already and it does not receive the signal after the new digital signal is being
used, please also contact that
same phone number.  Again, it is normal for the new radios to receive no signal in the Twin Cities area until the digital service begins.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson