[MN-ABS] Final Reminder - Scholarships Available for Minnesota's Legally Blind Students until April 15, 2021

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Sat Apr 3 14:43:20 UTC 2021

There are still almost two weeks to apply for scholarships with the National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota. Our deadline for applications is April 15. Legally blind postsecondary students attending school full-time in Minnesota are encouraged to apply. Two scholarships of $2,000 and $1,500 will be awarded at our state convention in Bloomington during the weekend of November 5-7, and your expenses will be paid to attend that convention. In addition, scholarship winners will have the opportunity to attend our national virtual convention on July 6-10. The application for our scholarship and all pertinent information and an on-line application can be found at
https://www.nfbmn.org/programs/scholarships<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfbmn.org%2Fprograms%2Fscholarships&data=04%7C01%7C%7C9f3fc324f7f94268072608d8f6ac5686%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637530567537383014%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=znpUUa1mxZsQ1usPMWisTFX5Mh7zSJvO4CDLA7SUkRg%3D&reserved=0>
Please note that our state convention was "virtual" last year, so a decision will be made about the actual location of our state convention closer to the scheduled date.

A Microsoft Word version of the application is also attached to this note. If you use the attached Microsoft Word form, send it with the required documents to Scholarships at nfbmn.org. If it is necessary to submit the application on paper, use the mailing address supplied with the application in the attached document.

For questions about the application process, please contact the Scholarship Committee at
Scholarships at nfbmn.org<mailto:%3cScholarships at nfbmn.org%3e>
or call our office at 612-872-9363.

*** A Note from our national office: Thirty scholarships will be awarded by the National Federation of the Blind, but this year's deadline has past. Keep our national scholarships in mind for next year.

Best regards,

NFB of Minnesota Scholarship Committee