[Mn-at-large] FW: [Nfbmn-news] Important info for Minnesotans going to Convention

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Jun 29 13:47:43 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMN-News [mailto:nfbmn-news-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Dunnam via NFBMN-News
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:12 PM
To: nfbmn-news <nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Nfbmn-news] Important info for Minnesotans going to Convention

Dear Minnesota Federationists:

This e-mail contains important information for Minnesotans attending the NFB's 2017 national convention: banquet seating info, caucus time and date, exhibit table information, and more.  If you will be there, please read and take note:

Banquet Seating Info:
If you would like a seat at a table with Minnesotans during the convention banquet, here’s what you’ll need to do:
After you pick up your registration material and banquet tickets at the convention, please immediately write your name on your ticket and give it to Judy Sanders, who is coordinating Minnesota’s banquet ticket exchange.  Judy runs the convention information desk, and that desk is usually not far from the registration area.  If for some reason you are not able to give your ticket to Judy right after you register, please be prepared to give it to her at or sometime before the NFB of Minnesota Caucus (discussed later in this email).
The absolute deadline for getting the tickets to her is by noon of the first morning of general session (Thursday July 13).  After Judy gets all the tickets from those who would like to sit at banquet tables with Minnesotans, she will exchange them and give you back a ticket of a different color with a table number on it. The sooner she can get those tickets in, the better seats we'll get at the banquet, so please get your ticket to her right away.

Caucus:
NFB of Minnesota members will caucus on Wednesday, July 12, 6:00-7:00P, in Wekiwa 19, level 2.  This is a time for Minnesotans to gather to coordinate and to discuss any questions—so bring your questions!  Also bring your banquet tickets to the caucus if you haven't given them to Judy beforehand.  We will keep the caucus brief, so please arrive on time and we'll get done quickly.

Our Exhibit Table:

The number of the NFB of MN/BLIND Inc. table in the exhibit hall is C21. At the table we'll be selling Minnesota salted nut rolls, Indian wild rice, BLIND, Inc. products, crafts, and Minnesota Word Scrambles.
Of course we'll also have free but valuable information about BLIND Inc. and our affiliate. Please encourage those you meet at the convention to stop by our table. If you are interested in working at the table, before the convention you can contact Sharon Monthei sharon.monthei at gmail.com to get scheduled for a shift.

Agenda and other info:
The convention agenda is available online, so if you haven't already done so and want a head start on deciding which of the many exciting activities to attend, go to https://nfb.org/convention There you'll find the convention agenda in a variety of formats, and also a "first-timers' guide", the list of exhibitors,  the hotel restaurant menus, and much more.  There is a section describing the hotel geography at the end of the agenda.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Orlando at  the convention!

David Andrews | Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2294
Web | Twitter | Facebook