[Mn-at-large] Usability Testing with Careers Web Site

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Oct 16 16:21:03 UTC 2017

The agency that runs the Careers web site, where you apply for jobs with the state of Minnesota is doing usability testing with disabled persons. The use of this site is crucial in getting a state job, and there have been problems with it in the past. I would urge people who are interested to take advantage of this, so we can get input into improving the site.

Dave

Date: October 16, 2017

Dear Community Partner:

The State of Minnesota is seeking feedback to improve how job applicants use our careers website. We are asking for your help in sending the information below to your clients and networks and encouraging them to volunteer to help us improve our careers website.

>From the State of Minnesota
The State of Minnesota is seeking feedback to improve how job applicants use our careers website.

We want to know how successfully you can navigate and interact with our website using assistive technology (such as JAWS). We are hosting usability testing sessions in November and are looking for participants.

What is usability testing?
Usability testing is a casual conversation between you and us about our website. We will ask you to complete a series of tasks while we observe how you interact and navigate with our website. The sessions are a reflection of the website, not you as a user. We encourage open and honest feedback!

How can I participate?
We're conducting one-on-one, in-person testing sessions in our St. Paul office on November 7, 8, 9, 14, and 15. Each session will last about an hour. We will have multiple testing sessions each day during regular business hours.

Our office is located on Cedar Street, near the State Capitol, and we are within a couple blocks of public transportation.

Sign up today!
If you're interested, email Tamara.Sawyer at state.mn.us<mailto:Tamara.Sawyer at state.mn.us> by Monday, October 25. Please include the following information in your email:

*                     Your two preferred test dates and either a morning or afternoon session. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule.

*                     Which assistive technology and browser you use most frequently (choose one):

o   JAWS

o   NVDA

o   Dragon Naturally Speaking

o   VoiceOver

o   Zoom Text

Reimbursement
We will reimburse you for the cost of transportation and/or parking expenses.

What happens next?
Tamara Sawyer will contact the volunteers who expressed interest and provide more information.

We value your feedback and hope you join us!

David Andrews | Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2294
Web<http://mn.gov/deed> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/mndeed> | Facebook<http://facebook.com/mndeed>
[DEED SSB Logo Black and White]