[Mn-at-large] Details for National Convention Attendees

Ryan Strunk via NFBMN-News nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org
Tue Jun 26 15:47:30 UTC 2018

Greetings, fellow federationists,

This e-mail contains important information for
Minnesotans attending the NFB's 2018 national
convention: banquet seating info, caucus time and
date, exhibit table information, and more. If you
will be there, you'll want to know the following:

Banquet Seating
If you would like a seat at a table with
Minnesotans during the convention banquet, here's what you'll need to do:
After you pick up your registration material and
banquet tickets at the convention, please
immediately write your name on your ticket and
give it to Judy Sanders, who is coordinating
Minnesota's banquet ticket exchange. Judy runs
the convention information desk, and that desk is
usually not far from the registration area. If
for some reason you are not able to give your
ticket to Judy right after you register, please
be prepared to give it to her at or sometime
before the NFB of Minnesota Caucus (discussed later in this email).
The absolute deadline for getting the tickets to
her is by noon of the first morning of general
session (Friday July 6). After Judy gets all the
tickets from those who would like to sit at
banquet tables with Minnesotans, she will
exchange them and give you back a ticket of a
different color with a table number on it. The
sooner she can get those tickets in, the better
seats we'll get at the banquet, so please get your ticket to her right away.

Caucus
NFB of Minnesota members will caucus on Thursday,
July 5, 5:30-6:30 PM, in Suwannee 19, level 2.
This is a time for Minnesotans to gather to
coordinate and to discuss any questions, so bring
your questions. Also bring your banquet tickets
to the caucus if you haven't given them to Judy
beforehand. Also also, let me know, please, if
you know the proper pronunciation of Suwannee.
We will keep the caucus brief, so please arrive
on time and we'll get done quickly.

Exhibit Table
The number of the NFB of MN/BLIND Inc. table in
the exhibit hall is D3. At the table we'll be
selling Minnesota salted nut rolls, Indian wild
rice, and NFBMN coasters that read “drink the
drink you want” in tactile Braille. We will
also have free but valuable information about BLIND Inc. and our affiliate.
Please encourage those you meet at the convention
to stop by our table. If you are interested in
working at the table, before the convention you
can contact Debbie Hobson
<mailto:debrajensen at gmail.com>debrajensen at gmail.com
to get scheduled for a shift.

Agenda and other info
The convention agenda is available online, so if
you haven't already done so and want a head start
on deciding which of the many exciting activities
to attend, go to
<https://nfb.org/convention>https://nfb.org/convention
There you'll find the convention agenda in a
variety of formats, and also a "first-timers'
guide", the list of exhibitors,  the hotel
restaurant menus, and much more. There is a
section describing the hotel geography at the end of the agenda.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Orlando.
It’s going to be another fun, fulfilling year.
Warmly,
Ryan

Ryan Strunk, President
<mailto:president at nfbmn.org>president at nfbmn.org