[Mn-at-large] Weekly Update: Convention Edition

NFBMN President via NFBMN-News nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org
Mon Nov 12 19:57:09 UTC 2018

Greetings, fellow federationists,
I want to offer my sincere thanks to everyone who
has pre-registered for convention and to all
those who are working to bring this event
together. We'll be meeting in just five days,
and­in addition to being nervous­I’m getting
excited! If you haven't booked your room or
pre-registered, and you are still looking to do
so, please email me as soon as possible.
A few reminders as the convention approaches:

The bake auction is one of our largest
fundraisers, and we need your help to make it a
success. If you want to contribute homemade food
to the bake auction, be it baked goods,
home-canned foods, snack mixes, or something
else, you have just a few days left to prepare.
You should bring your offering to the bake
auction table on Saturday morning, but even
before you do that, you should contact Charlotte
Czarnekki, bake auction coordinator, at
<mailto:charlotte.renee1972 at gmail.com>charlotte.renee1972 at gmail.com
and tell her what you’re planning to bring. We
will also find it extremely helpful if you place
a Braille label on your item describing what it
is, and­particularly necessary this year­if your item contains nuts.
If you have door prizes to contribute, you can
bring them to the door prize table before the
start of general session. This year promises to
have a good selection of prizes for you to win, but only if you’re in the room.
Aira, who is sponsoring our convention, is
designating our hotel as a site access location,
which means anyone, whether they are a subscriber
or not, can use Aira for free while at the hotel.
If you are interested in trying the service, I
encourage you to download the Aira app on your
iPhone and give it a shot. We appreciate Aira for
their sponsorship and for making the service
available to all in attendance at our convention.
I look forward to seeing you all in just a few
short weeks. This is going to be a great convention.
Warmly,
Ryan

Ryan Strunk, President
<mailto:president at nfbmn.org>president at nfbmn.org