[MN-at-Large] FWJob Opportunity at SSB

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 05:42:11 UTC 2022

From: Larges, Lisa (DEED) <lisa.larges at state.mn.us
<mailto:lisa.larges at state.mn.us> >
Subject: Your help in connecting job seekers with a great job serving young
adults

Warm Greetings,

State Services for the Blind (SSB) has another great job opportunity. This
opening is for a Work Opportunities Navigator who will work with students.
We're reaching out to you because we hope that through your network, you may
be able to connect us to a job seeker who might not otherwise know about us.
Our goal is to reach a broad pool of job applicants to more fully reflect
the vibrant diversity of our state. Along with this position, SSB also has
openings for two automobile drivers and a vocational counselor serving
Northeastern Minnesota. Details on the Work Opportunities Navigator position
are below. Job seekers can find all openings with SSB by visiting
careers.mn.gov and putting Services for the Blind in the search field.

Transition Work Opportunities Navigator

Posting number: 52754

"This position coordinates innovative and engaging work experience and
outreach efforts for blind, visually impaired, and DeafBlind students across
Minnesota in collaboration with the other Transition Work Opportunities
Navigator at State Services for the Blind (SSB)."

apply here.

Please note further that the State of Minnesota has created the "Connect
700" program to better reach qualified job candidates with disabilities.

"The State of Minnesota aspires to be a leader in employing individuals with
disabilities. For some individuals with disabilities, traditional
interviewing, assessment, selection, and testing methods may not accurately
measure their skills and abilities to perform the required job
responsibilities. Connect 700 provides another path to a state job for
people with certain disabilities."

Read more about Connect 700 at
<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmn.gov%2F
mmb%2Fcareers%2Fdiverse-workforce%2Fpeople-with-disabilities%2Fconnect700%2F
&data=04%7C01%7Clisa.larges%40state.mn.us%7C7ba49d2e899646e3117e08d9eb0ffd18
%7Ceb14b04624c445198f26b89c2159828c%7C0%7C0%7C637799276161102868%7CUnknown%7
CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0
%3D%7C3000&sdata=smxwj4UgIROmN6VxpXoGqpdnkelYPlWXryshLFtwFwc%3D&reserved=0>
https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/diverse-workforce/people-with-disabilities/connec
t700/

Lisa Larges | Outreach Coordinator
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2300
 <http://mn.gov/deed> Web |  <http://twitter.com/mndeed> Twitter |
<http://facebook.com/mndeed> Facebook