[MN-at-Large] Please Reserve your Room for State Convention

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 22:30:56 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone,

In less than 60 days now, we will all gather for our annual Minnesota convention at the renovated Kahler Grand Hotel in Rochester. The hotel is conveniently located immediately across the street from the Mayo Clinic, served by shuttle from the Minneapolis airport, and within walking distance of many restaurants.

We also plan to have available a bus from our building at 100 East 22nd Street in Minneapolis leaving Friday morning and returning Sunday afternoon.

Our vice-president and convention facilities coordinator, Corbb O’Connor, has secured a highly competitive room rate of $99 per night plus tax that is only $2 more than we paid seven years ago when we met there previously!

As part of your pre-convention preparation, please reserve a room at the hotel as soon as possible with the following information in mind.

*	Plan to check in on Friday, November 3 and out on Sunday, November 5.
*	The hotel does not charge a deposit to reserve your room, but you will be required to hold it with a credit or debit card. (While we hope you won’t need to do so, you can cancel with no penalty until 12 p.m. the day before your arrival.)
*	Be sure to mention that you are with the National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota to receive our group rate.
*	Each room will have a small refrigerator and microwave.
*	For those who need it, we have also secured a discounted parking rate of $8 per day.

You can book your room online or by phone.

*	Book online via the hotel’s website. <https://be.synxis.com/?Hotel=37675&Chain=29188&arrive=2023-11-03&depart=2023-11-05&adult=2&child=0&group=23BLIND113>
*	Call the hotel at (507) 280–6200 and choose option 1.

As we did last year, we plan to stream the general sessions for those who cannot make it in person. However, this will only give you the option to listen; in addition to missing out on the breakout sessions and great socializing, you won’t be able to vote or speak on the floor.

We’re monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. Know that your health and safety is super important to us. Right now, we’re not planning to require masks or testing, but we’re ready to pivot if things change. We trust you to make the best choices for yourself and others while we focus on having a blast together in person.

We will soon have the customary form for you to complete online or by mail to pay for your registration, meals, banquet, and dues. Until then, please encourage your friends to reserve their rooms!

In the meantime, We are working hard on the rest of our convention agenda as well.  Our national representative is Julie Deden.  She is the director of the Colorado Center for the blind, and a long-time active member of the Federation.  As always, we will be considering resolutions which govern the positions and actions we take as an organization.  Send resolutions to Jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com <mailto:Jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com> . There will soon be more information about our annual auction as well.  Please start thinking about something you can donate.  Although baked goods are welcome, we have diversified our auction to include other unusual products or services you can render.

We look forward to seeing you in person at the Kahler Grand in just a few, short months.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson, President

National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota

 <http://www.nfbmn.org/> www.nfbmn.org

(612) 872-9363

Pronouns: he, him, his

 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org