[MN-at-Large] FW: ACTION REQUEST - Your assistance is needed SRC-B

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Feb 8 14:37:31 UTC 2024

The State Rehabilitation Council for the Blind (SRC-B) is in need of assistance and could use your help spreading the word!

The SRC-B is in need of applicants for several positions.  The SRC-B acts as an advisory body and works closely with SSB to provide recommendations and a perspective from the community of the visually impaired, blind, and deafblind.  The SRC-B provides a much valued voice to the work we do here at SSB and about the programs and services we provide to qualified Minnesotans. The SRC-B is mandated by both state and federal law.

The governor's office has promised to make pending applicants appointed members in February. If we can get people to apply in the next week we are hopeful that all the empty positions will be filled and we will have a full council for our April meeting.

The current vacancies we are in need of applicants for include the following positions;

  *   DeafBlind Community Rep
  *   Dept of Education
  *   Governor's Workforce Dev Council Rep
  *   Industry Rep (3 positions are open)
  *   Recipient of VR Services (past or present - 2 position are open)
  *   Rep - Community Rehabilitation Program Service Provider
  *   Representative Advocacy Org - American Council for the Blind

If you know of someone who would be a good candidate please reach out to them, pass this information along and encourage them to apply. Applications can be submitted on the Secretary of State website  https://commissionsandappointments.sos.state.mn.us/Agency/Details/151

If you need more information about the council feel free to reach out to me or visit our the SRC-B webpages at https://mn.gov/deed/ssb/involve/srcb/ . Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you,
[cid:image001.png at 01DA5A5F.08250DD0]
Susan Kusz
State Program Administrator Intermediate
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Avenue #240, St. Paul, MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2271   Personal Cell 651-424-2178
Web<http://mn.gov/deed> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/mndeed> | Facebook<http://facebook.com/mndeed>

[Official Logo MN DEED and State Services for the Blind, Celebrating 100 years. 1923-2023]  [Gallup Certified Strengths Coach CliftonStrengths]