[MN-at-Large] Remembering people

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Mar 14 16:47:03 UTC 2024

Some of you old timers may remember Monthian Butan who went to the University of Minnesota many years ago, and was well known in the International blindness world. Also, Walt Cramer, who served on, and chaired SSB's State Rehab Council for the Blind. Both have recently passed away.

Dave

[Photo of Monthian Butan speaking at an event.]
Remembering Monthian Butan
We are sorry to note the passing of Monthian Butan, Thai Senator and disability advocate, who, amongst an extensive portfolio of achievements, played a critical role in the early days of the DAISY Consortium. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
Read about his life and achievements in the Thai News article remembering Senator Monthian Butan<https://daisy.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=35211fe5dce066db327cadb21&id=90dd361a2e&e=03de9a4675>.