[musictlk] Join Team NAGDU

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 10 13:23:27 UTC 2008

Dear Fellow Federationists,
I am writing to share with you my participation in the Imagination Fund and the March for Independence.  The Imagination Fund benefits all of the members of the National Federation of the Blind.  All monies raised in the Imagination Fund go directly to support our chapters, our affiliates, our divisions, and our NFB Jernigan Institute.  The March for Independence is a 5K walk-a-thon event held each year in conjunction with our national convention.  The monies raised through the march/walk-a-thon go directly to the Imagination Fund.

I am committed to the March for Independence because I feel very strongly that, as a result of the money raised, I am helping to change what it means to be blind in a very significant way.  We all participate in local outreach efforts which are very important to our cause, but by helping to raise money by walking in the March for Independence, I believe I am helping in a bigger way.  I am giving back just a little time for the opportunity, the security, and the independence that the NFB has helped me to achieve.

            I have personally witnessed how the Imagination Fund changes the lives of the blind! I helped write several grants that provided funding for projects of the national Federation of the Blind of Florida. These funds have helped support our annual trip to the State Capitol, called the Tallahassee Seminar, In which Florida Federationists gained passage of important legislation that benefits the blind. I have watched parents of blind children in Florida realize the importance of collective action to ensure that blind children obtain the education and gain the skills necessary to become successful, independent  blind adults. These programs were made possible by support from people like you!

Partner with me.

            I have been asked by Kristy Bowman to Captain a team of walkers from the National Association of Guide Dog Users - Team NAGDU. The NFB has invested several thousands of dollars to defend the right of guide dog users to choose the mobility tool that is best for them. They will continue to defend this right in the future. Grants from the Imagination Fund could help NAGDU implement the many initiatives we have undertaken and planned! Are you willing to invest some time to help these initiatives become a reality?

Register for the march right now.

            When I was asked to help, I could only say "Yes!" All I am asking you to do today is to say "Yes!", as well, and register to be a marcher! You don't even need to go to Detroit to march, you can be a virtual marcher. So, join Team NAGDU today! Go to

http://www.marchforindependence.org

and register to be a marcher. If you are already registered, log in to your participant center and join Team NAGDU. Let's show others that we are truly "a strong and proud division of the National Federation of the Blind"!

            If you have any questions or need help registering, please feel free to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature. Now, put on your walking shoes and join the March for Independence: A Walk for Opportunity!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users

National Federation of the Blind