[musictlk] Learning by Ear Versus Braille Music

Julie C. Vogt jcvogt at pressenter.com
Sun Dec 28 18:48:06 UTC 2008

I no longer play classical music.  I burned out on practicing it six hours a day and I have never looked back dropping it.  Maybe it's a thing for other people, but it wasn't for me.  I have my own music ministry, a CD, and this is my 36th year playing for predominantly African-American churches as well.

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul," American Humorist Mark Twain

"An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us," Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, Immediate Past President, National Federation of the Blind

"A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle." Proverbs 18 19. KJV

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed up in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison.

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln

"Faith is the ability to see God in the dark.," (unknown)

"No one can do it for us but us," Rev. Jesse Jackson, Operation Push, 1976.

"With proper training, development, and opportunity, blindness can be reduced to the level of a physical nuisance or characteristic," the Late Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, Past President, National Federation of the Blind.

Julie Vogt or jcvogt at pressenter.com