[musictlk] braille music

Pat Gormley kk3f at msn.com
Mon Dec 29 19:01:11 UTC 2008

Having a good ear is necessary in all forms of music not just jazz and rock.  I've been playing for nearly 50 years and I wouldn't be able to be principal in the local symphony up here or in the two concert bands I'm in if i didn't develop a good ear.  The problem with Braille music is that it still can't be produced when it's needed and when I grew up in the Metropolitan Police Boys Club Band in Washington which produced principal players in the state bands for years as well as members of the service bands and the National Symphony in Washington.