[musictlk] (no subject)

Sheri Beth Wells-Jensen swellsj at bgsu.edu
Wed Feb 18 14:50:41 UTC 2009

Hi, Anne,

Alas, the only way to get started is to get started: if they don't ask you, you will have to offer:
You'll have to do this for any gig: church or otherwise: they don't offer them; you have to go after them.  so, in your church, find the person in charge of music and
tell him/her you want to play.  do this a couple of times if necessary.
Be persistent: be sweet.  Be brave!
When that goes well, you'll have experience and slowly gather connections in your community and before you know it, they may in fact be asking you.
Peace,

Sheri W-J