[musictlk] allen organ

joe bollard joebollard2 at eircom.net
Wed Feb 25 09:18:50 UTC 2009

just want to say thanks for all the suggestions concerning my request for
information on the allen organ, jerry, i have a yamaha sound module that i
haven't used for years, but i thought i might incorporate it with the church
allen organ, i would be looking for strings and perhaps brass, i do know
that the  module has a very good string sound, my one fault with the allen
organ is that the wheel to change the various positions doesn't click, if it
had a click situation one could actually know where one was, instead of the
hit and miss effort that i have to use, but having said that it is a great
church organ, don't know the moddle number of our church organ, but it is a
top of the range moddle, fantastic pipe organ sound, and i must here confess
that i don't use it to it's full capabilities, but i have great fun with it,
[am i supposed to say that about a church organ] and sometimes i think it
would be nice to include a piano sound mixed in with the organ, or am i
being silly, no, i'm all for experimenting with musical mixtures, anyway,
enough of my irish prattle, god bless you all, regards from ireland, joe.