[musictlk] practice amps

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 31 00:57:41 UTC 2009

Hi I am looking for a practice amp for my electric guitar.
I saw some that had different modes.
like coris, compression, distortion and those types of things but the ones
that I saw were menue driven and had an L E D display. I did not play with
them much so I don't know how easy they are to work as a Blind person.
can any one recommend any options.
I also might think about just getting a guitar affects peddle that would
give me those things. I do hav a very small Peavey amp now and it is plenty
powerful for my needs at this time.
I am learning to play Lead guitar and want to do classic rock like skinard,
Molly hatchit, ZZ Top Almond Brothers and the like.

Any ideas which way I might want to go as far as practice equipment?
I don't want to spend a lot at this time.
I know that if I get going with a band I will need to spend some money on
equipment but If I buy much stuff now before I find people to start a band
with my Wife might just have a cow.
Well we won't go there now.

Also I could use some feed back on what type of songs I might want to learn
for playing at a nursing home.
I offered to put some music together and come down and play for the folks in
the local nursing home and they said that I am more than welcome to do that.
I have a real nice 12 string guitar that I will use for that.
I am not going to play classic rock for them, these are 2 totally seprat
venues that I am looking at getting involved in.
Robert