[musictlk] forming a band/ need help with the bass.

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Thu May 28 03:11:01 UTC 2009

are there any electric bass players on this list that would not mind helping
me out a little bit?
I have skype .
I am forming a band with 2 friends in town. Dale plays guitar and Bill plays
drumbs and I am working on geting up to speed with the bass.
I do know the fret board pretty well and I do know several basic scales  and
things like the 12 bar blues, alternate bass pattern and the pentitonic
scale.
I have some one that is going to tape some lessons for some songs we are
going to start with.  So, I am well on my way but it would be nice to get a
little extra boost if posible.
I hope this post does not sound too shameless but at 48 years of age I
really need to get up to speed as quickly as possible.
I have always dreamed about having a band but it took me all these years to
really decide to get cerious enough to take the bull by the horn and just do
it.
thanks for any help or even suggestions.
I could just buy lessons but I have a real tight budget already.
thanks
robert

email robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
skype robertjmoore1