[musictlk] Powered D I box for a bass guitar

Andrew English (paper music) data at papermusic.org
Fri Nov 20 00:21:09 UTC 2009

Robert,
    Unless the speakers are not powered at all (even from the mixer board),
you really shouldn't need a phantom-powered DI box. In my experience, those
things are really good at draining 9-volt batteries, but that's it. Stick
with the power coming directly from the mixer and let the DI just be a DI.
It's basically just an impedence adjustor and dB step-down converter. Keep
the signal clean and flexible.
    Don't turn the amps up to 11, and don't pump your MIDI levels up to 127
either, for the same reason: flexibility.
    -Andy