[musictlk] joined a band.

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 10 03:17:02 UTC 2009

Hi gang.
I have not seen much traffic hear as of late.
I was getting together with 2 blind friends of mine and working on some
music.
none of us really had much equipment accept the drumber but he just had his
drumbs. also Me and the guitar player had little and no band experiance.
I mean the guitar player just has done some solo work now and then for
places like nursing homes and such.
I told them I stil would like to regroup with them some time down the line
and maybe I can play some gigs with both bands.
I have never been in a band before and I am 48 years oldbut never gave up on
the dream.
Well I am not working with my 2 blind friends any more at this time because
I found some guys closer to me that are putting together a band and the
drumber in the new band  told me not to wory about transportation, he picks
me up for practice every time and it seems to work out fine for him and he
does not mind.
Well I have been to 2 practices so far and it is going well. I have a long
way to go with learning the material but the guitar player also has
experiance with playing bass an has some recording equipment so he recorded
himself playing guitar and singing all of the songs and then he recorded the
bass track over that and set the bass louder than the rest of the music so
assentually I can hear him playing guitar and singing but I primarily hear
the bass so it is reall easy to pick out the notes and learn the bass parts.
that really works out great for me since I play totally by ear and do have a
fairly good ear for music but not fantastic so I like having it sepparated
out for me.
We have about 40 songs that we are working on and I have not counted but I
think I am fairlly comfortable with about a dozen songs or so and am working
on all the rest.
I feel like that I am gaining just a little bit of ground each and every
time I practice.
thank you to all of you that have given me some encouragement and a few
little pointers over the past year or so.
If and when we get some stuff recorded and if I am aloud to post an
attachment or a link or some such thing I would like to share with the
group, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
thanks again.
robert