[musictlk] copyright

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 27 11:17:32 UTC 2010

George,
    First of all, I am not a lawyer, so what I say is only my informed
opinion, not an authoritative, legal answer. From what I understand, an
album of music is not what is protected by copyright; rather, each
individual work is protected. If, for instance, one of the tracks on the
"Let it Rain" album is the title track - Let It Rain - that piece of work is
copyrighted and, therefore, is protected. This would be true of any other
copyrighted work that appears on both albums. Each individual work requires
a separate copyright.

Fraternally yours,
Marion