[musictlk] Vocal pieces in a foreign language?

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 29 18:05:51 UTC 2010

Hi Miranda,

I have copied and pasted your message to another list I'm on, where
there are students and transcribers. I asked them to contact you
directly, so I hope you get some answers.

I have all my Italian, German and French Diction class material from
college, but I was there between 1974 and 1978, so it all might be
out-of-date. You can have it if you want it, though.

You might ask them at Hadley if they have any information on the
braille symbols for IPA. I remember some of them, but they might have
changed since I was a college student. I never took any foreign
languages, and got along just fine. My teachers did everything with
me orally, so all I had to do was learn the braille symbols and
pronounce the texts correctly. I wrote everything out in uncontracted braille.

Please contact me off list if you want my college material. HTH.

Blessings,

Linda