[musictlk] JAWS And Kontakt

Cameron cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sat Jan 2 19:36:51 UTC 2010

Hi.  as far as creation, I'm not really sure.  That isn't my area of
expertise.  loading samples and creating a sound font is one thing, but this
is another animal.  I don't do any deep programming and I don't know any vi
or blind individuals that use screen readers that can create for contact
etc.

What exactly is your goal?  In the academic and professional sense...  This
is pretty specialized.  Surely you investigated general accessibility, or
lack there of, and possible work arounds before you embarked on this
journey?

I don't like the reader idea.  But, that may be your only option for now.
if you are still a student, or even if you're not, there may be money
available from the state, or an agency, charity, etc to help pay someone to
do it.

It really depends on your end goals though.  Could you be more specific?  I
mean are you interested in working for a company that develops virtual
instruments?  Or, are you interested in starting your own company, and
selling libraries that use sample players like contact etc?  are you looking
to teach in an academic setting?  Or, is this primeraly a commercial
venture?

And, why exactly have you chosen this road?  Just curious.

Thanks,

Cameron.