[musictlk] knowing the set list for a gig.

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:24:37 UTC 2010

The band I started with this fall is about ready to start looking to book
gigs about March or so.
My question is with out having some one in the band call out to me what the
next song is on the play list how have some of you handled the set list on
stage. Most of the songs will not be a big problem because I don't always
come in on the bass for a mesure or so but some songs like Stand by me and
Last kiss, I actually do the intro on the bass. Off the top of my head I can
not think of any other songs that we lead into with the bass.
any way I was thinking some thing along the lines of mayby having the song
list in braille and on a music stand next to me. Will that look out of
place?
This is all totally new to me. I have never played in a band before. the
closest I ever got was singing a song or 2 with 3 differant bands at verious
times.
hope to get some good feed back.
Also  when I started practicing with the guys I was loosing track of where
my microphone was so I now have my Mic stand sitting on a piece of plywood
that is about 2 feet square and seems to be working out OK. does any one
have a better idea for that or is that about as good as it gets.
Robert

email robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
skype robertjmoore1