[musictlk] Trouble Playing Back Music Markings

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 01:36:42 UTC 2010

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I have converted a Sibelius score into MIDI, then imported it into Sonar.
Here's the problem. When I try to play it back in Sonar with Garritan Jazz
And Big Band, it won't play back dynamic markings like crescendo and
decrescendo. Also, the trills don't sound natural. In other words, instead
of the "Tongue Slur" (if that's what it's called), the trills are being
re-tongued for both notes. What do I do to fix these problems? Also, how
would I play back music markings like Scoop and Fall? I have Sibelius 5.2.5,
Sonar 8.3.1 Producer Edition, and Garritan Jazz And Big Band 3.