[musictlk] [musical] some good news

Bob robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 30 14:27:45 UTC 2010

Congradulations Sarah.
I am sure it took a lot of hard work and probably some disappointments
along the way but hard work and persistence does pay off. I also have
some good news.
I started with a startup band Last September. Brent who started the band
began with a drummer and another bass player several months before that.
So he has been at this for well over a year. Brent started like I say
with another bass player and a drumber and both of them have since been
replaced. The Bass player was replaced by myself and The first drumber
was replaced by Tony who is our current drumber and We have been through
a couple of key  board players and have had several people audition for
lead guitar but none of them worked out. We now have a gal named Laura
that I believe is going to be staying with us who plays key board and
sings,  and we still are looking for a lead guitarist but we did
audition one guy this Thursday and will be auditioning another lead
guitarist on Monday. If the guy on Monday is not what we are looking for
then we will probably go with Tom who auditioned with us on Thursday. He
has no experience but seems like a good guy and was picking up on things
that Brent showed him pretty quickly and I think he has great potential.

Well that does not all sound like great news but the good news is that
we finally have some gigs booked in January and are wirking real hard to
get ready for those shows.The first 2 are 2 days in a row at the same
place and will hbe paying gigs and after that we will be doing a benefit
show for people in the area that were affected by some severe flooding.
I am a bit nervous about our first gig since we have 2 new band members
that need to learn all of our songs and we are going to be redoing part
of our set list also.so in light of that we really don't have all that
much time. On the other hand I am very excited to be finally taking the
stage. I have dreamed about being in a band for over 30 years and now it
is coming down to crunch time. I will keep you all posted how we do.
Robert