[musictlk] Musician Coming Back to Old Stomping Grounds

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 1 15:03:56 UTC 2011

Dear Friends,

    Below is a post that appears on WTSP - Channel 10's website about my upcoming appearance at the Fox & Hounds! I think if you click on the link, you can see some pics of me!

Peace!

Marion

Musician Coming Back to Old Stomping Grounds

From

http://brandon.wtsp.com/news/entertainment/musician-coming-back-old-stomping-grounds/72406

Brandon, FL -- For several years, Marion Gwizdala was a regular at Brandon's Fox & Hounds, both as an entertainer and a patron.

Performing under the stage name "Marion & Martin", the bearded, longhaired, redheaded tenor dressed in his trademark Hawaiian shirts, his Martin guitar, and his guide dog, Louiza, took the stage at the Fox & Hounds every Friday night during happy hour.

Friday nights became "Hawaiian Shirt night" and everyone seemed to compete to see who had the brightest garment!

Marion's hair is now a little less red and a little shorter, and his faithful Louiza has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, but his Hawaiian shirts are still the brightest and his Martin guitar is still in tune! Marion & Martin will return to the quaint stage of the Fox & Hounds for two nights in August - a homecoming, of sorts!

"I am so excited to return to the Fox, see some old friends, and make a few new ones!" says Marion.

Marion blends his clear, strong tenor voice with the earthy, acoustic sounds of his Martin guitar.  Mixing original compositions with covers of classic and alternative acoustic rock songs, his performances are dynamic, uplifting, touching, and humorous, as well as entertaining!  Audiences describe him as "Burl Ives meets Cat Stevens"!

Marion has recently released his second album, entitled "Little Things", which includes original compositions and contemporary arrangements of three songs in the public domain.

In addition to his work as an entertainer, Marion is a social activist. He is an active volunteer for the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the oldest and largest organization of the blind in the United States. He also serves as the president of the National Association of Guide Dog Users, a special interest division of the NFB.

He has been instrumental in creating national and local policies on issues of disability and has been involved in several high profile court cases concerning discrimination against the disabled.

Marion will take the stage of the Fox & Hounds on Saturday, August 6 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and on Friday, August 26 from 8 p.m. to midnight. The Fox & Hounds is located at 229 Brandon Blvd. E., just east of Parsons Avenue.

For more information about Marion & Martin and his music, you may contact him at 813-598-7161 or email him at SwampFox1833 at Verizon.net.