[musictlk] Inaccessible online contact forms and Websites

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 05:29:42 UTC 2011

Hi Kerry and Josh:

I myself am an independent musician,
and I too, like many, knew I needed a website.

The difference for me though
was that I wanted to control all the elements of my site.

The interesting thing I found was that most of the web creation programs
that are accessible from the creator's point are also accessible from the viewer's point.

The one core belief  that I've kept since the start when I founded my company
even as we've tried different web technologies to keep up to date is
that all the sites have to be accessible.

And since my team is composed of all blind individuals, its been easy to keep track of this.

However, there is also the issue of security, specially
when it comes to contact forms,
so I'd thought I'd put this out for opinions.

Do you think a plain contact form is better,
and just regulate the email that comes in,
or would a recaptcha (captcha with an audio file) be good enough for accessibility?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Jorge