[musictlk] musictlk Digest, Vol 78, Issue 4

Kerry Thompson kethompson1964 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:30:17 UTC 2011

Mike, for what it's worth, I personally find baritone and bass much more
attractive than the falsetto in which many Rock singers perform. I grok
the transposition problem, but there must be a way around that other
than making yourself sound like Minnie Mouse.

As Bob says, a production program can transpose files. I really don't
know what's out there nowadays, but even my ancient Cakewalk 7 can take
in audio, display it in a staff view and print the music. It also can
transpose. So, what I'm thinking is that you might be able to feed in
the audio, transpose it to a key that's comfortable for you, and print
it. Now, printing in braille is something I don't know about. You'd need
Ducksbury or something, I suppose. But, I'm sure the folks at Dancing
Dots could get you fixed up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why try to sound like something you
aren't? Tom Jones has a bass-baritone voice, and no one would deny that
he is a rock star. There must be better ways of solving the access
problem than making yourself sound like Frankie Valley when he was with
the Four Seasons. I mean, really. Would you rather sound like Tom or
Frankie? *snigger*

Solidarity and Peace,

Kerry