[musictlk] Accessible tuner and metronome

winona trumpetqueenwb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:04:53 UTC 2011

Trumpet and french horn

 ----- Original Message -----
From: "Marion Gwizdala" <blind411 at verizon.net
Date sent: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:31:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [musictlk] Accessible tuner and metronome

Winona,
    The tuner only tells you when you are on pitch, not if you
are flat or
sharp.  For this, you need some point of reference.  I play
guitar, so I use a
440 tuning fork to get my "A" string close to pitch and then the
tuner to
fine tune it.  Since, for the most part, the guitar is tuned in
fourths, I
use the previous string as comparison.  Which instrument are you
wanting to
tune?

Marion