[musictlk] Question about Hammond organs

Tyler K. Thompson tyler at tylerthompsonmusic.com
Wed Jun 8 13:13:40 UTC 2011

Hammond C3. Sister to the B3, it is identical in every operational way. The
B3 weighs 425 pounds and the C is even heavier as it has a more extensive
wooden frame which surrounds the bass of the organ. This is a popular church
organ. However, it has been noted that Bs are more available in America and
Cs are easier to acquire in Europe. Not a few roadies have almost met their
untimely demise lugging this beast around from venue to venue. The Hammond
played by Chris Copping in the Beat Workshop video is just as large: it may
be an A series. You can tell it's not a C3 from the console fittings of the
cabinet. C3 slopes down and the others slope ever so gently upwards.

copied from  http://www.procolharum.com/b3_c3.htm