[musictlk] Question about Hammond organs

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:44:03 UTC 2011

With a multiracial congregation, the Hammond B3 is great for the
African-American Gospel music.
I love that.
Also, when a preacher in the African-American church preaches, he
sings in his sermons, and the organist backs him up.
That's fun to listen to, as well.
Sometimes, my pastor preaches like that, although our organist can't
back him up.
I can play the keyboards just fine, on an organ, but the bass pedals
are my problem.
Blessings, Joshua