[musictlk] professional recorder with speech

Johnny Russo johnnyrusso at windstream.net
Wed Jun 29 16:16:15 UTC 2011

Dear Friends,

                I am totally blind and work as a sound engineer.  I also
record CD's for bands.  I have informed several companies who manufacture
recording equipment that speech prompts, added to their products would
enable accessibility for blind engineers and musicians.  Olympus is
listening.  They have released the LS7, a unit similar in size to other
Olympus digital recorders.  It has speech prompts for all menus.  It
features high quality condenser microphones, and an Omni directional
microphone, which can be turned on or off.  The unit will allow you to
record live shows or practice sessions in WMA, PCM, or MP3 formats.  You can
record in 16 bit, or 24 bit resolution.  Neal Ewers has posted an
informative podcast on the LS7 on www dot, blind cool tech dot com.  I
spelled this out so screen readers will pronounce it clearly.  Olympus is
anxious to observe the response from the blind community in respects to how
many of us purchase an LS7.  Olympus is interested in expanding product
features in future units, if enough LS7's are sold.  Various Olympus dealers
can provide an LS7 for you.  You will be impressed.  FYII

John Russo