[musictlk] Responsse to George's Question

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Fri May 20 23:36:36 UTC 2011

Hello George and everyone,

    An autoharp is a flat, rectangular instrument with strings and  chord
buttons. It can contain 12, 15, or 21 chord buttons. Mine has three rows of
seven chords. The top row are all major chords, the middle row is mostly
chords such as F7, G7, A7, and so on, with two major chord buttons on the
left, and the last row contains the minor chords. The autoharp also contains
pegs to mount the tuning fork when it comes time to tune the strings. For
the most partk, it stays in tune, but, like all instruments, it has to be
tuned after carrying it somewhere. It sounds wonderful with guitars or
piano.

    At any rate, I hope I answered your question.

Mary Donahue

Mary Donahue

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."
Garrison Keillor