[musictlk] Resuime Bank for Musicians Who Are Blind

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 7 01:21:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm forwarding this, in case anyone here is interested. Please do not
contact me. What's here is all I know.

Blessings,

Linda
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Jackson <visionarypersonnel at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resuime Bank for Musicians Who Are Blind

Dear Mrs Mentink

I am contacting you because you are Chair of National Federation of
the Blind, Musicians Division. I am forming a new non-profit
organization that may of interest to your members. Visionary
Personnel helps job seekers who are visually impaired by creating a
resume bank and then searching for federal government contracts
matching the skills of the people in the resume bank. I am contacting
you specifically because the federal government has and will continue
to several contracts for musicians to perform at events sponsorred by
federal agencies and music teachers to teach in schools for children
of military families which are operated by the Department of
Defense.  For reasons unknown, the government chooses to contract
with companies rather than hire individuals directly.

The Javitz-Wagner O'Day program gives non-profit organizations with
employees who are legally blind the chance to non-competitively win
federal government contracts. The program has been renamed the
Ability One program. Historically, the program has been used to
create menial low paying jobs in factories producing office supplies.
However, our organization has proven for the first time that the
program can be used to create professional jobs such as attorneys,
paralegals, and mediators. I hope you will forward the announcement
flyer and the membership application to your members.<?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
We would greatly appreciate if you would encourage your members to
submit resumes for inclusion into our resume bank.   Together we can
work toward eliminating the high unemployment and poverty experienced
by people who are visually impaired.
Respectfully,

Michael Beatie, President
Visionary Personnel

<file://c:\eudora\attach\membershiapplication2.docx>
membershiapplication2.docx
<file://c:\eudora\attach\membershiapplication2.docx>
membershiapplication2.docx

<file://c:\eudora\attach\nonprofitannouncement.docx>