[musictlk] Accessible Music Production Software

Kevin Reeves lists at kevinreeves.net
Tue Aug 7 03:11:50 UTC 2012

What plugs? There is no protocol to extend GB's actual functionality like their is in Reaper. GB can load Audio Unit plugs, but that only applies to effects and instruments. Reaper actually has plugs that hook into the app itself and can actually add features and change the program's functionality, hence the development of Rea Access on the windows side.

Another thing about GB that I forgot to mention is the lack of busses. There is no way to route audio through a virtual or physical bus other than the outputs set in the prefs. Like I said, GB is fantastic for certain things, but it lacks so many features of a standard daw that it is impossible for someone to take an entire commercial release to completion.

Kevin