[musictlk] Student in need of some Direction

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:15:12 UTC 2012

Good morning,

I hope this message finds you well!

Below is a message I received from a student in need of some mentorship. I
am forwarding this to the list because I feel that their may be someone who
reads this and can help.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jordy D. Stringer

President, Performing arts Division, National Federation of the Blind

Begin forwarded message:

We are currently in particular need of a mentor for a college student
pursuing a career in performance studies or French translation. We are
seeking a mentor who is legally blind, currently working or recently retired
from this field, and lives within an hour or so of Medina, OH
(Cleveland/Akron Area). This students' group begins the third week of August
2012, so if you or anyone you know is able to work with this student, please
contact Jamie O'Mally as soon as possible at 662-325-3151, or by email at
nrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu.

Here is general information about the project:

The National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC)
at Mississippi State University is currently seeking college students and
professionals who are legally blind to participate in a nationwide research
project that pairs students with mentors who live close to them. The project
will evaluate the impact of face-to-face mentoring relationships on
employment outcomes for college graduates who are legally blind.
Participants enroll for 1 year and students are provided incentives for
participation. Recruitment is ongoing through December 2013. Read more about
the project and how to sign up at http://tiny.cc/mentoring-project. Contact
Jamie O'Mally with any questions at nrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu or
662-325-2001.

Thank you,

Jamie

Jamie O'Mally, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor

The National Research and Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision (NRTC)

Mississippi State University

P.O. Box 6189

Mississippi State, MS 39762

662-325-2001

Jordy D. Stringer

President, Performing Arts Division, National federation of the Blind

Changing what it means to be blind

Phone:

347-948-4445

E-mail:

jordystringer83 at gmail.com

"Disability is not a brave struggle or 'courage in the face of adversity.'
Disability is an art. It's an ingenious way to live."

Neil Marcus