[musictlk] piano question

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 06:36:34 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've been playing the piano for a very long time now.
Recently, my teacher wants me to do something different with
pieces.  Instead of doing all of the harmony on the left hand and
all of the melody on the right hand, he wants me to play the
harmony and the melody both on the right hand, while on the left
hand I play the base note.  Let's just say this is a little ...
challenging.  My right hand is accustomed to just the melody so
it has to do a lot more work.  Is this the way more advanced
players play their pieces?
Thanks,

Vejas