[musictlk] Question Regarding Recording Personal CD

Debbie mouseless at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 24 13:42:49 UTC 2012

I'm finalizing plans for a recording session, and wondered how to get permission for the songs I'll be using.  There'll be about twelve to fifteen songs previously recorded by other artists.  Since I have no ability to play instruments, I'll be using pre-recorded tracks.  The plan is to make about 1,000 cds at first.  Then there's the question of "Is it a hobby or a career".  Also, what might be relevant if it's played on radio stations vs. given to friends, or sold at public venues like churches or coffee shops?

Any info would be helpful as to what I need permissionwise, from the owner of the song or music track.  As Elvis sang, "It's now or never", so thanks in advance.

Debbie