[musictlk] A random music question

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:41:48 UTC 2012

Hello,
The falsetto actually is the best part of the song.
Counter tenors are some of the highest paid classical singers in the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa1e49KLXNU
Is one of the more famous ones, but there are quite a few. It's hard to
become good and their music is pretty exclusively choral and baroque. I was
seriously  considering becoming one till I found my bass baritone voice. Now
it's kind of like a passing fancy, like what's needed in Carmina Buana.
They are showing some wair though, the guy singing has a slow vibrato which
comes from singing to forcefully. The falsetto is delicate, but those guys
were ratting on it pretty hard. Their throat growls sundered the worst to
me.
But it's really not true that a high C is high, I can hit a high F, F5 I
believe, although I'm a lower falsetto  singer. What's really cool is this
guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8_WS9UOVU
He can hit everything in his chest voice what I couldn't dream of in my
falsetto.
BTW, if you want an amazing watch, all 6 parts of the BBC show on castrati
are something that shouldn't be missed. Except for the extreme covetous of
the narrator counter tenor to be a castrato, and the castration devices,
it's quite gripping... (Not to say the castration devices wouldn't be
gripping, just perhaps in another way, not so nice.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs