[musictlk] selling music and keyboard questions

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:17:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

I posted these questions months ago, however I still haven't gotten any
appreciated.

I have a question about selling music, either in audio CDs or digital.
I play the keyboard and know several songs that I'd like to share with
others. I would like to record my music that I play through my computer or
other device and then either burn the mp3 files to Audio CD's and then go
and sell them or offer them for sale somewhere. My concern is, will I be
able to do this freely without legal or non-violation restrictions such as
copyright restrictions? Will I, for example, be violating copyright laws if
I do this E.G. Recording my keyboard music and selling it, even if it is
popular songs? How about going digital and put them on youtube or Facebook?
According to previous posts I have read on this list regarding experiences
with iTunes and CdBaby, among other services, I don't think I want to go
that route first, because of all those fees and setup rigors that some went
through to get their music across. All I want to do is get exposure and
maybe even support myself while going to college or for personal
expenditure. Besides, it has been my hobby for years.
Another question is, can you please clarify what the difference between a
professional/major musician, and an independent / non professional musician
is?
lastly, I have acquired a Yamaha YPT-320 61-key keyboard as a Christmas gift
(a little early.) It came with some accessories including a USB medi
interface cable for laptops and computers. Is this cable capable of sending
all the sound output from the keyboard to the sound system of the computer
and so I can record with much ease? or what does this cable do other than
medi stuff?
any suggestions to these questions are appreciated. are here any blind
keyboardists that can suggest me please let me know.
thanks,
Humberto