[musictlk] Lighthouse BRAILLE MUSIC WORKSHOP for Teachers, New York City, July 12-14, 2013 [cross-posted]

Bill billlist1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 30 23:07:15 UTC 2013

Our friends at the Lighthouse International in New York have asked us to
disseminate information about their upcoming braille music workshop for
teachers.  I am pleased to report that I have been invited to join the
faculty for this information-packed weekend.

For details and to register:
http://www.lighthouse.org/services-and-assistance/music-school/#bmworkshop
or call (212) 821-9660 or E-mail musicschool at lighthouse.org

THE FILOMEN M. D'AGOSTINO GREENBERG
Music School at Lighthouse International Special Summer Offering to Teachers
Nationwide BRAILLE MUSIC WORKSHOP

Who:
1.	Music Educators
2.	Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVIs)
3.	Anyone interested in helping people with vision loss

What:
1.	Learn the principles of Braille music code
2.	Hands-on training of music notation and
3.	Braille music translator software
4.	Resources: Assistive Music Technology

Where:
Filomen M. D'Agostino Greenberg Music School at Lighthouse International,
New York City

When: July 12 - 14, 2013
To register, call (212) 821-9660 or e-mail musicschool at lighthouse.org

All programs at The Filomen M. D'Agostino Greenberg Music School are made
possible, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the
support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature; and the
New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City
Council. The Comprehensive Music Program for Young People is funded in part
by UJA Federation of New York. The Music School is a member of the National
Guild for Community Arts Education.