[musictlk] writing music

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 03:24:04 UTC 2013

Hi Marissa,

If you are using braille music you would use sh sign for sharp and the
gh sign for flat.  You would write these before the note you were
showing to be an accidental.  For example, the F-sharp in your piece
would be shown with the sh sign first, then the F.

You actually can have flats and sharps in the same piece, but unless
they're an accidental note that is part of the key signature you would
want to use the sharps and flats to show motion of the line of music.
Sharps should lead upwards while sharps show downward motion.

Actually, your use of F-sharp is correct, since it is easier to read a
downward scale of B-flat, A, G, F-Sharp, E, than it would be to read
B-flat, A, G, G-flat, E.  The second example looks much more awkward
in print, let alone in braille music.
Take

--
Kaiti