[musictlk] did this come through?

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 06:41:53 UTC 2013

Hello Marissa,
This is Sandra Gayer again. I'm a Braille Music teacher and I read
your transposition the other day. Sorry it has taken me this long to
write back but things have been rather hectic. You got the principle
right but you make enharmonic mistakes.

The tone difference, (two half steps difference), you got absolutely
right every time! However, you need to keep to that second and not
change it to a third on paper. For example, you had c sharp on the
piano line and e flat on the clarinet line. The correct version is c
sharp, d sharp. They will sound the same but c to e on paper is a
third. You don't need to be as pedantic as this when you're just
learning and transposing songs for your own use but I'm giving you the
full picture in case you need to transpose for your teachers or you
decide to take music exams at a later stage.

Have a wonderful Christmas Marissa and everyone on this list!
Sandra.