[musictlk] Returning Member

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 4 03:38:18 UTC 2013

Hi Anita,
Welcome back.

It will depend on what music you want to teach. If you're planning to
teach sighted students, you will need a working knowledge of print
music. If you're going to teach piano, you'll need your course in
Braille so that you can help your students with note reading, rhythm,
fingering, etc. So, firstly, decide what you want to teach. You don't
necessarily need a college degree or college classes, but you must be
proficient yourself before you teach someone else. Set your price,
call music stores in your area and let the people there know you're
available, tell your church members. Just a few suggestions.

Blessings,

Linda