[musictlk] tRUEFIRE mUSIC cOURSES?

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:15:41 UTC 2013

Howdy,

Are any of you familiar with ahat sounds like a great company called
Truefire.com?  They mainly deal with guitar courses that can be either taken
online or downloaded.  If anyone has taken them before, using a computer
with a screen reader like JAWS, I'd like to hear from you.

Truefire has its own video player that has several nifty options, such as a
tuner, metronome, jam tracks, and the ability to loop tracks and mess with
tempos.

I have been doing a little research, and it doesn't seem to be workable with
JAWS.  However, someone told me that what he does is use other programs such
as media players for the videos and programs that allow looping and such.

I think it would be cool to use the player itself though, but again, I don't
quite know yet, as I just got these courses and am now beginning to play
with them.

Again, if anyone has had experience with these programs, I'd like to hear
from you.  Truefire itself has said that blind people are using their
courses, but so far, I only know that one person.  If that's the only way to
go, then that'll be fine.  I just want to know all of my options.

Jim